Vortex
Tomax4x4
Geländewagen AT
Autohaus Seipl

Help - Off Roading Routes in Austria

Moderatoren: beda, mik, LRCA

Help - Off Roading Routes in Austria

Beitragvon claremayo » Fr 13. Jul 2007, 17:54

7 friends in 3 Landrovers are travelling from London to Dubrovnik this year and would like to do some off roading in Austria. We will be going from Baden Baden to Salzburg and onto Slovenia and have a day spare for off roading in this area. Do you have suggestions of great routes? It can't be too extreme as we are carrying alot of weight and roof tents.

Thank you

Clare
XCC London to Dubrovnik 2007
10 Countries, 3000 Miles, 17 Days.
claremayo
Bierholer

Beitragvon beda » Di 17. Jul 2007, 12:42

hello clare!

nice route...
unfortunately i think that austria will give you more cultural sightseeing than offroad-routes... we are all searching for tracks but farmers and hunters in austria keep every inch in sight- so its from half-legal to impossible to cross our country having less than 99% asphalt under your wheels. if you will take about 300 km of detour i can tell you a track crossing the border to italy (a soft offroad-track with perfect sightseeing places, a typical austrian alpine hut with typical food...)- from there you could cross the fantastic dolomites south direction to trieste (I)
let me know if you are interested in this route and of cause, WHEN you are on tour - maybe you will meet some landis on your way ;-)

regards
beda

(chairman of the lrca)
mei kloas Dirndl sogt des is a schoaschi
beda
Meister

Bilder: 4

Re:

Beitragvon stadsfiets@ » Fr 9. Jul 2010, 17:44

beda hat geschrieben:hello clare!

nice route...
unfortunately i think that austria will give you more cultural sightseeing than offroad-routes... we are all searching for tracks but farmers and hunters in austria keep every inch in sight- so its from half-legal to impossible to cross our country having less than 99% asphalt under your wheels. if you will take about 300 km of detour i can tell you a track crossing the border to italy (a soft offroad-track with perfect sightseeing places, a typical austrian alpine hut with typical food...)- from there you could cross the fantastic dolomites south direction to trieste (I)
let me know if you are interested in this route and of cause, WHEN you are on tour - maybe you will meet some landis on your way ;-)

regards
beda

(chairman of the lrca)

Can someone please forward me this route??

Norbert
stadsfiets@
Bierholer

Zurück zu Europa